Saturday, December 20, 2008

It started like this...

Well, here I go. I remember years ago I used to write (journal). All the time, just because it helped me get my thoughts in order and I could let things go. I rarely write anymore. I try to write letters to the kids for them to read in later life, but those are very infrequent. I have been reading some old friends blogs and really admire all that they are doing in their lives, and what a spectacular job they are doing as parents & conscious human beings (Theresa, Tamis, April…I’m talking about you). Can you imagine if our parents would have been nearly as involved with us as we are with our kids, wow! Today I was walking in the mall after work and saw a woman walking with her maybe 25ish daughter and they had they’re arms around each other, how sweet! I don’t think I’ve ever felt that physically or mentally open and close to my mother but I sure the heck hope that I am like that with my kids someday.

So anyway...here we go. I thought I'd start a blog. Being someone who’s memory has gone to crap (I am really going to have young onset Alzheimer’s disease some day!) I figure I can try this. Quite often my life feels uneventful in many ways, but then I look at everything we do and I know its not. For several years we have been focusing on our kids, our home (and the one we sold), and our work. Between work & life, rotating shifts (DAMN GRAVEYARD!) and mid-week days off for my hubby to coincide with my regular weekends off, I think I have gotten sidetracked from myself. There really is little time for me to venture out. Maybe will get me back in touch with myself and those around me.

Thanks for the inspiration girls, I really admire you!

1 comment:

  1. ya!! So glad you started a blog! I hear ya on the last name stuff. I just changed mine finally when we got married like 3 years ago. I still sometimes forget what it really is now. :)

    ReplyDelete